PLEASE NOTE: This information is now out of date, please see our newest Blog for an update. We have closed our physical spaces and have begun Livestreaming. Today (and possibly tomorrow) it is all FREE TO ALL, as soon as we are able to work out the kinks we will be offering live-streaming at no charge for members and at accessible rates to be determined to all others. We’ll miss you and can’t wait to see you onscreen!
With love, 8 Limbs
What a week it has been! As you all know, we are in uncertain times right now. The Coronavirus is affecting our world on many levels, and there are swiftly changing guidelines and recommendations that we are tracking in order to be responsive and responsible.
The 8 Limbs Leadership Team has been meeting daily to determine our response to the spread of Covid-19. We are aware that this is a very serious situation, and we are weighing many factors in our decision-making. We have a commitment to make choices that benefit the greater good and help us to make it through this pandemic as a business, as employers of over fifty individuals, and as a valuable community.
I feel privileged to be a part of this team. We all fortunate to have the new owner Amaan Kurji at the helm, and our stellar staff and teachers doing their damndest to be there for all of you, in ways that suit the times! See the very bottom of this letter for how you can help us to carry on.
At this time, 8 Limbs will continue to offer in-studio classes for those who chose to be in public spaces and continue their studio practice, with updated protocol and guidelines. We will do our best to offer a full schedule of classes but please note there may be unavoidable cancellations as teachers have been given the option to teach or stay home, and finding subs is not always possible.
We are working to set up streaming options in order to continue to offer these classes to our students remotely. Stay tuned! We also want you to make the choices that are best for you and your family/community. If you don’t feel safe attending our studios, please stay home! We are aware that there may (soon) come a time that we do make the choice to close altogether.
We have updated our commitments and requests on the 8 Limbs Blog and ask that all students please read this page.
Notable changes that need your immediate attention and cooperation:
- Beginning Saturday, 3/14 we will be limiting all of our classes to allow adequate space between students. PLEASE REGISTER FOR CLASS ONLINE using the MindBody app. This is one reason we are keeping a full schedule, as long as we are able to. Your favorite class is full? Consider taking one you haven’t been to that is not as well attended! As space is limited, we ask that you please cancel if you are not able to attend. When you don’t show up your teacher loses their pay. For assistance please call your studio. While there will be space in many classes for drop-ins, we cannot guarantee you a spot without a reservation.
- Teachers have been asked to open windows and doors when possible to create more flow of air. Please wear layers to stay warm.
8 Limbs filmed four practices at 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge in 2011 that are now available on Amazon Prime Video, free to subscribers, here. Enjoy the following practices: Basic (guided by Jen Yaros), Core (guided by Chiara Guerrieri), Strength (guided by Jay Holby) or Vinyasa class (guided by yours truly).
This weekend’s Restorative Workshop is canceled. We are working to provide online options for the rest of our upcoming Workshops and hope that you’ll join our amazing teachers in the Zoom-o-sphere! Details to be posted on each Workshop page and sent to registered participants. Support these teachers by joining us!
We are working on a plan to support the continuance of our Intro and Deepening Series. Please stay tuned.
All of our Teacher Training Programs will be offered online through April 24, if not longer, per Gov. Inslee’s directive that all Private Colleges close or move classes online. Our next Teacher Training Info Session on Tuesday, March 17 at 7:30am (yes, that’s am, join me for the the 6:30am class!) will be offered in person at 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge and by Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/667163281. Our 200-hour Trainings start June 26 (Summer Intensive) and October 9 (Modular).
We have postponed our Spring Haramara Retreat (new date TBD) and are waiting to see how things unfold regarding the April 3-7 Breitenbush Retreat. Start getting excited for our Summer Retreats June 5-7 and July 5-9!
We are all IN THIS and in it together. 8 Limbs is a people business, by people and for people. We, and our teachers, like many contact-centric businesses and workers around the world, will be heavily impacted by this pandemic. How can you help 8 Limbs (and your other favorite businesses) through this tough time, you ask? If you have the privilege to do so, we humbly ask that you consider any and all of the following:
- Sign up for an Autopay Membership, either $70/month for Limited, or $100/month Unlimited here. This will give us a foundation of income to help pay our ongoing expenses, mainly payroll and rent.
- Allow your Autopay Membership to continue.
- Purchase another class pass or Annual Membership.
- Take a Workshop we will be offering online.
- Consider turning any payments for canceled classes or workshops into a credit or gift card (no expiration).
- Purchase a gift card for future use.
Any questions? Anything to say? Send me an email: email@example.com.
Posted by: Anne Phyfe Palmer, Founder and Director of EducationOpening Doors and Windows to Keep Our Doors Open!