Calling all passionate event programmers! 8 Limbs is looking for an new Education & Programming Coordinator to join our Leadership team. Here is the Job Description, those interested and qualified may email Studio Director to inquire about Compensation & Benefits.
8 Limbs Education & Programming Coordinator
About 8 Limbs
Our mission at 8 Limbs Yoga Centers is to create a supportive, inclusive, and non-competitive atmosphere in which yoga practitioners can learn and grow. We offer All Levels of Hatha Yoga classes, Pre and Postnatal Yoga, Kids & Family Yoga, Yoga for 50+, Workshops, Teacher Training, and more at our four Seattle neighborhood studios in Capitol Hill, Phinney Ridge, Wedgwood, and West Seattle.
Overview of Position
The Education & Programming Coordinator is part of the 8 Limbs interdisciplinary Leadership Team and oversees the educational and programming aspects of 8 Limbs: programming and marketing of programs, and teacher hiring and support. This includes class schedule, series, retreat, workshop and offsite programming, and the support of those through marketing and teacher relationships. This person also works closely with the Teacher Training Co-Directors to ensure all educational offerings are complementary and sustainable. The official job title for this position is Education Coordinator.
Location: 8 Limbs Capitol Hill
Hours: 20 hours per week
Schedule: Generally, between the hours of 9am and 6pm M-F
Reports to: Studio Director Anne Phyfe Palmer
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- Thrives working independently and enjoys working effectively as a team
- Experience in event or class programming
- Ability to balance rich programming offerings with sustainable organizational flow
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Ability to monitor and implement long-term visioning
- Supervisory Experience
- Familiar with 8 Limbs Yoga Centers and key offerings
- Knowledge of Yoga industry locally, regionally and nationally
- Open to use of social media as a way to connect with and promote to clients
- Experience in successful yoga programming and developing year-round schedules for drop-in classes and workshops
- Content hosting experience
- Social Media Experience
- Experience teaching drop-in yoga classes and workshops
- Teacher Training experience
- RYT 200 or 500-hour certified
- Proficient in Mac-based Word and Excel programs
- Copy writing skills (ideally specific to yoga programming and instruction)
- Experience in marketing and communications, including events marketing
- Knowledge of Yoga Alliance Teacher Accreditation
- Ability to recruit & orientate excellent teachers as well as support teacher professional development
Summary of Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator has five primary areas of responsibility:
- Studio Classes and Programs: create and manage drop-in, series, and holiday schedules; schedule in-house workshops (coordinate with regional and national workshops scheduled by Studio Director), oversee on-site educational programs; program oversight and development, and track and post teacher subs.
- Retreats and Offsite Yoga Programs: coordinate and execute seasonal retreats and offsite yoga opportunities such as summer yoga at Olympic Sculpture Park and Yoga for Schools.
- Teacher Support: Recruit, hire, and orientate teachers (includes teacher contracts); oversee teacher support programs such as teacher development reviews and teacher support meetings;
- Marketing: promote and market classes, workshops, and series through social media, 8 Limbs website, and in collaboration with 8 Limbs Communications Department.
- Leadership: collaborate with Leadership and Teacher Training Co-Directors as well as serve as an ambassador of the 8 Limbs brand.
- Book Order Coordination: organize book orders for book buyer for events, workshops and training.
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in pdf format) to Anne Phyfe Palmer <firstname.lastname@example.org> with “Education/Programming Coordinator Position Application” in the subject field. Only candidates we wish to schedule an interview with will be contacted.
People of color and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications is Monday, January 30 at 5pm.