An Off the Mat Into the World Training
with Hala Khouri, Suzanne Sterling, and Nikki Myers
8 Limbs Capitol Hill
THIS WORKSHOP IS CANCELED DUE TO CONCERNS AROUND LARGE GATHERINGS DURING COVID-19.
We hope to reschedule in 2021!
Yoga, Purpose and Action 2.0 is a 5-day leadership intensive for anyone wanting to discover, refine or expand their purpose in the world and live a life dedicated to justice and inside out transformation. We believe that collective liberation is the goal, and this requires a commitment to a personal journey of introspection, healing and accountability that allow us to participate in an effective and healthy way. We also believe that embodied practices like yoga, meditation and ritual are powerful tools for both self-inquiry and sustainability.
The arch of this training begins with a personal inquiry about the ways you have been shaped by your life experiences and how that influences how you see the world and participate. Next, we explore how to transform our wounds into our gifts, with a very practical and creative approach to taking action in conscious and collaborative ways. All of this is done within a context that acknowledges the systemic issues that shape our worldview and our actions.
OTM founders each get to share the essence of their work this week. This is a rare chance to be with three world-renowned facilitators who model collaboration as one of the crucial tools for ongoing action.
This Training Includes:
- Embodied Mysticism: A journey through the chakras
- Trauma: Personal, Interpersonal and Systemic Dynamics
- Voice of Change: Liberation, expression and truth telling
- Embodied Social Justice: Power, privilege and positionality. How we are shaped by the larger systems we live in
- Purpose and Action: What does conscious engagement look like and what do you need to move forward towards living a life of meaning and sustainability dedicated to justice for all beings
This training is for people looking to vision, articulate and live fully their purpose as well as those deeply steeped in their work but who need community and support We are committed to creating a space where people of all genders, gender identities, races, abilities, body size and sexual orientation feel included.
*Please note that course registration price does not include housing.
Training Dates & Details:
Schedule (subject to change):
October 12 – 16, 2020
Monday – Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm & 7:00 – 9:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
This course provides 27 hrs of CE credit for Yoga Alliance
$ 700* | Community Rate (discounted)
$1,000 | Sustainer Rate (pays for you)
$1,300 | Supporter Rate (support others as well as yourself)
* At OTM, we stand for leveraging our privilege to support others. If you can afford to, please consider paying it forward by paying any amount above $700. This allows us to continue scaling the prices of our intensives so that everyone is included. We are committed to cultivating a diversity of voices and life experiences in our trainings and making them accessible to people of all income levels.
If you have already done our 5-day intensive, we suggest considering doing this one. Our trainings have evolved tremendously and people who have repeated the course have expressed that it was highly beneficial and strengthened their work in the world.
Here’s What’s Possible With Yoga, Purpose, and Action:
Are you looking to take your yoga off the mat and contribute to society in an effective, healthy & sustainable way? Join us for Yoga, Purpose & Action with Hala Khouri, Suzanne Sterling and Nikki Myers at 8 Limbs Yoga in Seattle. This 5-day training has catalyzed the birth of organizations & community-based projects throughout the globe that have contributed to society in the areas of:
Yoga is the foundation —this transformational week is a journey of introspection, healing and accountability leading you on the path to refine and expand your personal purpose in the world.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds of 90% up to 14 days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time.