THIS SERIES WILL BE PRESENTED REMOTELY VIA 8 LIMBS LIVESTREAM
Anxiety is a challenging yet natural response that tells us something doesn’t feel safe. It arises when the nervous system becomes overwhelmed and begins looking for help. Yoga is unique in its wholistic approach to well-being. Its consideration of the body, mind and heart has profound effects on the nervous system. Understanding what lies behind anxiety can help transform this powerful and intelligent energy. This series combines modern research and yogic techniques to offer an accessible approach to working with anxiety.
Students can expect to learn about:
- The autonomic nervous system and sympathetic overload
- Polyvagal Theory and the Vagus nerve
- Befriending anxiety
- Asana (postures), pranayama (breath exercises), and dhyāna (meditation) that supports anxiety
- Sanskara and vāsana – unconscious impressions that can cause anxiety
- Purusa – The inner healer
Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm, Pacific
June 4 – 25, 2020
Cost for 4-week series: $95
Note: Our series require a minimum of five registered participants, by five days before the start date; if you are considering joining please register early.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds of 90% up to five days prior to start of series. No refunds allowable after that time.