April 6 – 8, 2018
This 18-hour training with Nikki Myers is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
In the Y12SR Leadership we:
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.
To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. Programs may be taken in any sequence.
For more information please visit www.y12sr.com
This training may be taken as part of our 500-hour Teacher Training program (advance enrollment required), but is also open to all. For more information on the 500-hour Training visit: https://8limbsyoga.com/program/500-hr-teacher-training/.
Schedule for April 6 – 8, 2018:
Friday 11:30am – 5:30pm at 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge (Please note the workshop is now starting and ending one hour later than originally scheduled on Friday)
Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm at The Phinney Center, lower building, Room 35
Sunday 9:00am – 3pm at The Phinney Center, lower building, Room 35
Cost: $350 through March 6, $375 after
This workshop is now full, but we are now investigating larger spaces. To be added to the waitlist please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds of 90% until March 15. No refunds allowable after that time. Please note this is different from our standard Cancellation Policy.