Learn how to build pathways toward more complex or demanding poses.
Tuesdays 6:00-7:30pm, February 23 – March 30, 2021
8 Limbs Livestream
Gain clarity and increase the “do-ability” of poses to enhance your practice. This series breaks down and draws more understanding toward that which makes each pose unique and yet that which ties poses together. Each class in this 6-week series will zero in on a specific group of like poses (think cousins) – like Camel (Ustrasana) and Wheel (Urdvha Dhanurasana), for example. What needs to be opened and strengthened in order to do the pose? What are the key actions and biomechanics that allow for the fullest expression and accessibility of that pose? One pose will give rise to another and over time yield greater awareness and greater capacity to improve your postures.
There is no effort wasted here. You are actively building the pathway (like a neural pathway) bit by bit towards a more complex expression of the pose in your own time and in your unique way.
Please note the poses on this list may change and they won’t necessarily be in this order.
- Vismatirasana (will include work on Surya Yantrasana as prep)
- The Koundinyasana Sisters (Eka Pada Koundinyasana I and Eka Pada Koundinyasana II) or Parsva Bakasana and variations
- Eka Pada Rajakopotasana I (foot to head var.) – will also include King Dancer as prep
- Urdvha Mukha Svanasana (Handstand) Variations
- Dvijasana (Bird of Paradise) will include other poses with binds as prep
- Ustrasana (camel) variations including Ustrasana with Bhekasana leg also including Dhanurasana Variations
Recommended: at least 1 full year of consistent asana practice.
Suggested Props: 2 blocks, 1 strap, 1-2 blankets; OK to use household objects!
February 23 – March 30, 2021
Note: Our series require a minimum of five registered participants, by five days before the start date; if you are considering joining please register early.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds of 90% up to five days prior to start of series. No refunds allowable after that time.
Teacher Training Enrollee Registration
Click here if you are enrolled in our 300/500-hour Teacher Training and would like to take this course for credit. This series counts as 1/2 a module, 10 hours of Techniques and costs $200. Classes on March 23 & 30 will last from 6:00-8:00pm for 500-hour Teacher Training Enrollees.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.