Today, June 21st, is International Day of Yoga! This holiday celebrates the global significance of the mental, physical, and spiritual practices of yoga – and is an invitation to communities around the world to come together in practice.
Per the United Nations, the 2021 theme for this year’s commemoration is “Yoga for well-being” – how the practice of Yoga can promote the holistic health of every individual.
Now that we have so many different options for classes, here are some key tips to keep in mind:
- Pre-registration is required – we do not have Yoga Advisors working at the front desk at this time and teachers do not have the ability to take payments or register students. Please download the MindBody app and sign up before you arrive.
- Livestream classes are all still listed in MindBody under the Capitol Hill studio (but all have Livestream in their name).
- Outdoor Yoga – If you’ve registered for classes at Woodland Park and the weather seems iffy, please check your schedule to see if the class is cancelled. We will post any cancellations 2 hours before class starts and you will receive a cancellation email and refund.
- Studio Doors will open 15 mins before class starts and close at the start of class. Please arrive accordingly. At Capitol Hill, please arrive at least five minutes before the start of class, as the teacher must lock the door before teaching.
- Masks are optional but recommended for fully vaccinated students and teachers, and required for all non-vaccinated teachers and students, per the Governor’s directive
- Props and Storage – We are now allowing use of our props, changing rooms, and cubbies. We have a very limited number of loaner mats, please bring your own if possible. Please wipe down any props or mats after class.
- Missed Classes – Because of the limited space, if you do not show up, or arrive after doors have been locked, you will not receive a refund. Those on an Unlimited pricing option may be charged if there was a wait list.
- Location – Please be sure to double-check the location of your class before you join us.
- Retail – We are not selling retail at this time, but we are working on it!
- Capacity – Currently our In-Studio capacity is 10-12 students per class. This is expected to change when the Governor allows us to operate at full capacity in July.
- Waitlist – Because of our limited capacity, many In-Studio offerings may have a wait list. To be added, simply register for class. If a spot becomes available, you will be notified automatically via email and text (if opted in) that you have been added to the roster, if you can’t make it, simply cancel. If you do not cancel, you will be charged for the visit. If you do not receive notification, that means a spot didn’t open up and you won’t be allowed into class. You cannot cancel or be added to the class within a 3-hour window of start time. We strongly recommend that you check your profile and opt in for these communications (see image below). You can use this link to check: My Profile
Wishing you a happy International Yoga Day and a great start to your summer!