Starting January 1, 2017, 8 Limbs will launch #8limbsnewclass, what we hope will be a way to incentivize our community to try something new – a new class or teacher – and share what you find with the rest of us.
Here’s how it works (see Anne Phyfe’s Instagram post on 12/31 for an example!):
- Choose a drop-in class you haven’t been to before, or take a class from a teacher new to you. Yes, that could be taking your regular class with a sub, or a new class with a teacher you’ve gone to for years.
- Take a shot of yourself or the studio, or ask the teacher if they want to be in the post (or find an image you like of anything related!).*
- Mention the class day, time, and location (i.e. Tuesday 5:45pm at 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge) and something about the class or teacher that you found interesting, useful, enjoyable, or, well, new (i.e. “Biola used sequencing that got me out of my head for an hour and fifteen minutes” or “We didn’t stop moving for the first half-hour, but by savasana my worries had melted away.”
- Use the hashtags #8limbsnewclass AND the hashtag of the studio where you took the class (#8limbscapitolhill, #8limbsphinneyridge, #8limbswedgwood or #8limbswestseattle)
- Post on Instagram and any other social media networks you use.
At the end of the month we’ll pick a winner from all the qualifying entries.
Posted by: 8 Limbs
* respect your fellow students and only use your device for taking a photo, please no posting in yoga spaces!