YOGA FOR THE PERINATAL BODY with Megan Sloan, RPYT, April 27-29, 2018
8 Limbs Phinney Ridge
Yoga teachers, have you had the experience since you began teaching of having a pregnant person in your yoga class? Have you wondered how to best serve them as a student, and what was even safe to offer them? Or have you thought about becoming a prenatal or postnatal teacher?
This weekend workshop is also a wonderful immersion for the pregnant student!
Prenatal yoga is a steady offering in the yoga field for the support it can provide during labor and childbirth but also for addressing the common aches and pains that come with the changing body during the perinatal period. With more and more studies being released about the health benefits of yoga during pregnancy, as teachers you will start seeing more and more students in your classes. Through this training you will learn the basics of support for students during the perinatal period and how you can best work with them safely as a teacher.
This 20-hour Perinatal Primer is the perfect beginning training to educate you in supporting pregnant and postpartum students in your classes and provide you enough training to step in and sub pre/postnatal classes at your studio. It’s also a great way to get your feet wet if you are on the fence about deciding whether to become a certified pre/postnatal teacher, or for those in the birthing community (doulas, midwives, childbirth educators) who are looking for more tools to support their clients.
In this 3-day training, we will cover the following:
- An overview of the pregnant body including the anatomical, physical and emotional changes that a pregnant student may experience and how yoga might address these issues
- Sequencing and poses that are safe during pregnancy
- A brief introduction to childbirth and labor and the ways in which yoga can be a support during this time
- An overview of the changes in the body postpartum and how yoga can address such issues
- Awareness for teachers of postpartum student issues and needs in class
- The opportunity to practice teaching and receive feedback
This workshop is open to the public but may also be taken as part of our 500-hour Teacher Training Program.
$380 through April 13, $400 after.
General public: SIGN UP
500-hour Participants: Call 206.325.8221 to register.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds of 90% up to five days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time.