Each February we invite 8 Limbs students, teachers, and staff to go deeper with 28 straight days of daily practice. Our theme for 2018 is How to Build a Daily Practice. With a 28 Day Commitment, we make space in our lives to experience what a stronger commitment to yoga in one’s life can bring and discover how practice creates conditions for finding and honoring our own wisdom. You can also set your own commitment intention.
Doing asana all 28 days is not required, nor is practicing all 28 days at 8 Limbs. Practice can include any of the 8 limbs of yoga. Practice at home, at the studio, on a mountaintop, it all counts.
How to Participate in the 2018 28 Day Commitment
- Find a way to practice every day in February! (Click here for some commitment tips.)
- Anyone can join – just use your active class pass or membership as you normally would
- Our 1 month unlimited membership is only $128 for February (regularly $140)
- Pick up a wristband and a practice journal at the front desk
- Daily inspirations will be displayed each day in the studios and on Facebook and Instagram, and delivered to you via text
- Track your progress on our in-studio tracking graph with stars for 8 Limbs studio practice and hearts for at home practice
- Practice all 28 days at 8 Limbs and you can pick out an 8 Limbs mug or water bottle.
- Attend special free 28 Day classes
- Attend the final 28 Day community ceremony
We are continuing with several traditions from previous years:
- The emphasis remains on the word commitment, not challenge. Which is not to say practicing for 28 days is not challenging. It is! Participants are encouraged to consider what a sustainable, balanced practice means and integrate gentle, restorative, and contemplative practices as feels appropriate.
- While we encourage students to use this program as an opportunity to try new classes and teachers at our different studios, practicing all 28 days at 8 Limbs is not required. Creating or strengthening a home practice can be a wonderful part of one’s practice.
- Participants can pick up a 28 Day Commitment wristband to wear throughout the month – look for wristbands and say hi to fellow participants!
- We will add four special classes to our drop-in schedule, one per week (rotating through each studio), focusing on this year’s theme of Daily Practice.
- We will host a 28 Day Commitment ceremony immediately following the last 28 Day-focused class. This will be an opportunity to celebrate with fellow participants, enjoy tea and treats, and share the insights and wisdom cultivated over the 28 days.
Plan to join us this coming February and get the community support for your daily practice!