Congratulations to those of you who completed the 2017 28 Day Commitment! Don’t forget to turn in your completed punch card to your neighborhood 8 Limbs by March 3 to be entered to win Rolf Gates’ book Meditations: Intention & Being.
Each February we invite 8 Limbs students, teachers, and staff to go deeper with 28 days of daily practice. Doing asana all 28 days is not required, nor is practicing all 28 days at 8 Limbs.
Our theme for 2017 is to “Trust in the Goodness of Your Practice.” With a 28 Day Commitment, we make space in our lives to experience what a stronger commitment to yoga in one’s life can bring and discover how practice creates conditions for finding and honoring our own wisdom. You can also set your own commitment intention.
How to Participate in the 2017 28 Day Commitment
- Find a way to practice every day in February! (Click here for some commitment tips.)
- Pick up a wristband at the front desk
- Track your progress on a punch card (available at 8 Limbs studios)
- Enter your completed punch card in a drawing for prizes
- Attend special free 28 Day classes
- Attend the final 28 Day community ceremony
28 Day Commitment 2017 will look a little different than years past:
- No extra fee – just use your active class pass or membership as you normally would
- Registration is not required
- Daily inspirations will be displayed each day in the studios and on Facebook and Instagram
- 28 Day Commitment punch cards will be available to track your practice through the month
- Folks who practice all 28 days can enter their punch card into a drawing for a chance to win yoga gear
We are continuing with several traditions from previous years:
- The emphasis remains on the word commitment, not challenge. Which is not to say practicing for 28 days is not challenging. It is! Participants are encouraged to consider what a sustainable, balanced practice means and integrate gentle, restorative, and contemplative practices as feels appropriate.
- While we encourage students to use this program as an opportunity to try new classes and teachers at our different studios, practicing all 28 days at 8 Limbs is not required. Creating or strengthening a home practice can be a wonderful part of one’s practice.
- Participants can pick up a 28 Day Commitment wristband to wear throughout the month – look for wristbands and say hi to fellow participants!
- We will add four special classes to our drop-in schedule, one per week (rotating through each studio), focusing on this year’s theme of “Trust in the Goodness of Your Practice”
- We will host a 28 Day Commitment ceremony immediately following the last 28 Day-focused class. This will be an opportunity to celebrate with fellow participants, enjoy tea and treats, and share the insights and wisdom cultivated over the 28 days.
28 Day Commitment Classes / Sundays in February, 12:30 – 1:45pm
Note: these classes are FREE for all students.
- February 5th All Levels Flow at Wedgwood w/ Maritza: Finding Yourself in Yoga
- February 12th All Levels at Phinney Ridge w/ Claudette: The Inherent Goodness within Yoga & Ourselves
- February 19th Yoga Nidra at West Seattle w/ Tracy: Cultivating Trust in One’s Inner Teacher (Note: please bring an extra blanket if you have one.)
- February 26th Restoratives at Capitol Hill w/ Adi*: Putting it All Together…Trusting in the Goodness of Your Practice
* Immediately following our 2/26 class we’ll hold a closing ceremony (with tea, treats & giveaways) from 1:45 – 2:30pm. More details to come.
Read more about what led up to both this simplification and our theme here